Sunday, November 21, 2010

Generation Gap



A new generation is pretentious and messianistic ... Who have convinced them that they are gifted, and they will definitely enter the history? Maybe I’m rather old and grumpy, not democratic, politically incorrect, but excuse me, why every schoolboy with a with the Palestinian design scarf, skate shoes, dyed hair and a few piercings, suddenly decides that he is a genious and can surprise the humanity. Why are these hordes of "thinking in and progressive people" shall enter the history? What is the interest for the history they represent?

I laughed at the phrase "generation gap" when I was a teenager. Now I feel that the conflict exists, I understand that the mid-90's youth, and current youth - are completely different things and I realize it's not just me who understands it. The older you get, the more you understand previous generations, and the less you understand new generations.

No comments: